Saturday, March 06, 2010

Preface to The Frankincense Trail


Several years ago, I was introduced to Young Living Essential Oils by my friend and acupuncturist, Stephanie. In late January she called to ask a jewelry question and in the unfolding conversation, I learned that she was contemplating a trip to Egypt and Jordan with Young Living. I encouraged her to go, and in the ensuing conversation, I became interested in joining in on the adventure. I was scheduled to fly to Tucson in just two days and needed to make a decision on the Egypt and Jordan trip before I left. For those of you who know me, travel is an addiction of mine, and I ran the scenario by Art that evening. He took the news in stride and by the following afternoon, I was ticketed and signed up for the trip. It was a large group going; some 50 or 60 people, and I am not found of large groups, but Young Living was filming a documentary on the Frankincense Trail. The filming would take two or three days, and take place in the desert outside of Cairo with a caravan of camels. They needed camel riders and camel leaders to recreate the caravan scene and it was the camels that most enticed me. The itinerary included the usual visitations of temples, sphinxes and pyramids in Egypt, plus three nights in Jordan where we would have the opportunity to visit Petra.


No comments: