Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My First Wax Original Dragon Designed in Okinawa

I haven't blogged for the past two days since I have been focusing on creating new jewelry designs and happily (or unhappily) the overcast weather has helped me to focus on my artistic talents. I've just finished carving my first wax creation in my temporary Okinawan studio. It's a dragon guarding a beautiful fire agate that I purchased at the Tucson Gem and Mineral show. I use dental tools and heated wax pens to create my designs and the different colors of wax have different working properties. I don't have a ruler, but the piece is about 1 3/4" across and high. It will be cast in 18K gold and the golden dragon will guard this spectacular piece of Arizona Fire Agate. The price is still to be determined but will be somewhere between $4800 and $5600.

http://www.martymagic.com/product_info.php/cPath/47/products_id/820

No comments: