Sunday, January 17, 2016

Baja Road Trip - A Day in Zacatitos

Sunday, January 10th.  Zacatitos. 

We spend the day in Zacatitos. Art and I take a morning walk along the beach and watch the sunrise. Will cooks veggie, egg and cheese burritos for our breakfast. 

Will, our Resident Chef
It’s laundry day and the boys do their wash with Art’s special washing plunger and hang their laundry on the roof top. John and Will have spent the past two nights sleeping inside the house but this morning the weather is glorious and John sets the tent up on the roof and the boys make the rooftop their domain. 

John Washing Clothes with the Plunger
Laundry Day for Will and John





















Laundry Drying
John Setting up the Tent



Laundry Day for Will and John






The boys kick back for the day, surfing and skim boarding.


Will and John after an attempt at Surfing
Returning from the Beach














At 2:30 P.M. our neighbor Maha comes over to tell me that there is a potluck woman’s gathering at Cheri’s and Chico’s house at 4:00 P.M. Cheri and Chico are partners in the house together with our friends Bev and Ray. Although my inclination is to be shy and anti-social, at 4:00 P.M. I rally up and drive Maha over to the event where I meet Cheri for the first time and her houseguest, Fay and reconnect with Raven, Gloria, Sube and Mary. Raven mentions that she needs 20 minutes of help from a couple of strong men and I volunteer John and Will for the job. Everyone except for me has brought a dish to share and the spread is wonderful. I nibble on barbecued chicken legs, shrimp, and a variety of pasta salads. There is plenty of tequila and wine and after two glasses of wine, I relax and enjoy myself. 


Women's Gathering at Cheri's Home
Will cooks a great dinner of stir fry vegetables, beans, rice and cheese, all wrapped in tortilla’s. We play cards and go to bed early.  


No comments: