Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Baja Road Trip - Wahoo and Hermit Crabs

Friday, January 15th, Zacatitos and a Party Night for the Boys in Cabo San Lucas.

John leaves at 9:00 A.M. to go diving with Jeff. I do a little  Marty Magic business since it is the end of the week and call home to talk with Alisha. Art and I hope to see John, Jeff and Bob drive the SeaLeg boat up onto the shore so we walk down to the beach to wait for them to return from scuba diving.

A group of Canadians drive up on a quad with two large Wahoo strapped to the hood of their vehicle. Cheryl from Canada proudly tells us that she caught the fish from a small boat that she point to on the beach. She insists that I hold one of her fish and she takes a photo of me with it, telling me that I should tell my friends back home that I caught it. It’s almost too heavy to hold and when I return the Wahoo to her to be filleted, my hands are glittering with the silvery scales from the fish. I watch while the fish is skillfully filleted and walk back to our house. 

Two Wahoo

Marty with Wahoo

Filleting the Wahoo






















Will and John come back from the beach and Will gives me two hermit crabs, Popper and Corny and I enjoy their company for several hours. Unfortunately, they do not enjoy mine very much so I let them loose. 

Popper and Corny, Hermit Crabs
John and Will drive into Cabo San Lucas for the night. We give them the car and I worry about both their safety and the safety of our valued Toyota 4Runner but a party night in Cabo San Lucas is on their list. I give them a short shopping list for them to pick up on the way home tomorrow afternoon and they promise to send e-mail when they are safely checked into their hotel, La Mar de Cortez. Two hours later, I receive their e-mail. They are checked in and the car is in the hotel's secure parking lot.

Desert to Ocean View

Cactus Detail

Desert Vista
Instead of a beach walk, Art and I take a desert walk in the late afternoon. The golden afternoon light casts a magical glow on the cacti and the desert.


Art and I enjoy an pleasant and uneventful dinner at Zac’s. 

No comments: